hold the day

            A phrase I like a lot is: I don’t know what the day holds but I know who holds the day.  Usually, that is one of my first thoughts to come to mind when I wake in the morning.  (If I wake up late, it may be a while before that comes to mind.)  It is truly comforting to know that God has the day covered; it removes fear on the days I dread.  There are those days I forget it completely of course and then my day becomes chaotic and unmanageable. My emotions get the better of me then anger or anxiety drive my boat.  There is certainly little pleasure in days like that. God really does hold the day and resting in the knowledge that He is already there smoothes the path I must walk, it gives me confidence that I will not only get through the day but that God will be loving me along the way.  In an age where we promote self-confidence and self-esteem it can be difficult to trust that God is here and walking beside us. We have this great desire to be “self-made” let us instead focus on being “God-made” we are flawed, he is not.  To be God made is to trust in his love for us, to trust he has our best life in his hands, to trust that he will not only walk beside but also carry us when the path is truly difficult.  Do you know who holds the day?



It is the Lord who goes before you.  He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you.  Do not fear or be dismayed.  (Deuteronomy 31:8)



Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.  (Proverbs 3:5-6)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece