smile philosophy

            I have a personal philosophy about the things I post on facebook; I try to only post items that will make people smile (or laugh). I don’t like to post negative things. My thinking is that spreading smiles is much more beneficial to the world than negativity. Politics is a negative, child or animal abuse is definitely negative, crime is negative.  I don’t post those memorial items about losing someone to cancer or some other illness, I choose to remember people alive and laughing not by their disease.

            This morning I wondered; am I sticking my head in the sand? Am I just making myself comfortable rather than facing the realities of this world?  I don’t believe I am. After some contemplation I still believe my philosophy is correct (for me at least). Workers in the US Treasury are only shown real bills, no counterfeits, because if you know what the right one feels and looks like intimately, then the counterfeit will be obvious. To me, the negatives are obvious. The media goes above and beyond to spread the negatives of the world; the world doesn’t need me to pile on more. I am well aware of the ugly things of this world and if I miss something ugly well, bravo for me.

            For me, smiles and laughter equate love and joy and God is love. That is the legacy I hope to leave (not planning on leaving anytime soon) for those who come after me. May you be blessed with more smiles than tears and the joy of Jesus all your years!

           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece