passion

I have spent a great deal of my adult life thus far seeking my passion. You know, that one  God given thing that I’ll excel at with a single minded focus. I see people focused on diet, exercise, fiscal security, art, cars, or success (among many other things) with this drive that seems unnatural to me. I care about many people, animals and things, I feel like a jack of all trades, master of none. Will I ever find that direction?

I have a feeling though that I’m not seeing the forest for the trees. With so many different things going on in my life (the trees) I am missing out on the big picture (the forest). Each tree has its own beauty, each activity has its own purpose and every part of my life is another brush stroke that God is painting to create my big picture! How often must I remind myself to enjoy the journey?

I have to admit it is hard to enjoy the journey when I feel like I’m on a road of potholes. But as I heard in church this morning Philippians 4 reminds me to give thanks in ALL circumstances, even when hitting the potholes.  I like to think that when I hit a pothole it is God slowing me down for a purpose. Instead of trying to find my passion, I need to make God my passion and trust that the journey will unfold according to His will for my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece