complacency

Have you ever realized that what you thought was just life is actually complacency? You know, that attitude that says, everything is just fine the way it is, nothing needs to change. There are moments in life when that is true; the key word here is “moments”. Moments are temporary. Complacency stretches moments out for  an extended period of time.

God has recently pointed out to me that I have allowed complacency to rule my life long enough. For instance; I struggle with my weight, actually I haven’t struggled at all, I’ve let it win. I gave up on myself. Complacency is the liar that tells you certain things don’t matter. I have been telling myself that my weight doesn’t matter because I am the only one who cares about it and I don’t care that much, what a lie! Every time I look in the mirror I do care.

There is also complacency about work that can creep into my life too. Rather than doing my best all the time, there are times that I only try to do better than the lowest common denominator. I do what is expected of me but some days I don’t necessarily do anything above and beyond that. This does not bring glory to God in any way.

Believe me, I am not proud of this side of me. However, this is life. It is the life of a Christian as much as anyone else. We are tempted, we fail, we are ashamed. God offers us the opportunity to start over every day. So, today is a new day and another occasion to break free from complacency. I’m going to make the effort, how about you?

Comments

  1. Jody thank you for being so honest. life can become 'rut filled" as this world believes. complacency is the warm fuzzy place that the evil one loves to think is where he thinks you and I should be because then we are not a threat to him and if we continue to be a threat we remind it that it is defeated thru Jesus Christ. Amen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece