my life; take one

It is a silly thing but quite often as I’m driving and certain music plays on the radio I envision myself in a movie. Then my mind wanders to what would my movie be about? I think about the plot and wonder does my life have a plot? In actuality every day has a plot. I am currently in a literature based English course and some of the things I have had to read don’t appear to have plots, that which gives meaning to a story. We all want our lives to mean something.

So I ask God; what’s the plot to my life? Hopefully, my plot, my meaning, is intertwined in God’s will. I like to think that each day I follow the plan God has laid out for me. Mind you, this is not following blindly, it is trusting completely. I trust that God has me covered, right down to the background music. Whether I understand the plot or not doesn’t matter, that is what trust is all about. Every movie has conflict, tension, tears and laughter and that is art imitating life. Hollywood may never know I exist but God knows. He is my playwright, my producer, my director and that’s alright by me. We only get one take in this life, who are you going to let direct your story?

Psalm 139 is my favorite set of verses in the bible especially verses 13-17; they go like this:

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!
How vast is the sum of them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece