a new election

Another election season is upon us, it drives me crazy! I despise the party system because I don’t think any of the parties have the monopoly on goodness, truth or economic development.

I would love to see a new approach to the campaigning process. My idea goes something like this; first and foremost, no mud slinging; in fact no saying anything about the competitor. A candidate should only be allowed to speak of his/her own platform and accomplishments. All mud slinging does is take focus of the candidate. Not to mention that instead of voting for the most qualified person we are voting for the lesser of two evils.
Secondly, all candidates need to back up their claims with reliable documentation to prove themselves.

 Third, (this is most awesome) the campaign funds they raise should be used to provide a service to the people and demonstrate if they are able to efficiently manage their funds.  For example; a candidate raises ten million dollars, instead of using it on “campaigning” he might use it to improve a system, like adding it to the Social Security funding (especially since government officials don’t ever pay social security) or maybe chose to use that ten million to offer scholarships/tuition for many individuals (this could cover a $60,000 scholarship for 166 people) granted it is only a drop in the bucket but if we get enough drops out bucket will overflow. Here’s another idea, take that ten million and sponsor an American entrepreneur who can offer jobs and reduce our unemployment.

The media should cover each candidate with equal time. Candidates should stop talking and start doing right away; that would get my vote.

This may be a pipe dream on my part but a girl can dream!

I will not argue politics with anyone, I believe what I believe, I like what I like. I respect your choices even if I may not agree.

Why would I post this on a Christian woman’s blog? Well, the more people who think about and more importantly pray about the 2012 elections, better are the odds that America will survive and thrive. God bless America!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece