captivity

            I am being held captive in my house today waiting for the furnace repair man. It is a great reminder to not take things for granted. I am blessed with a nice home and it usually has heat or air conditioning as needed. I typically like my house on the cooler side anyway and it is a lovely day outside however, today, I am missing my heat. I really think I am missing it because I can’t have it.

            What if forgiveness was taken away? What if it broke? (Thank God that isn’t possible) Have you ever experienced the grudge of another who refused to forgive you for something? It can be so painful because you know you are sorry for your offense but the grudge-holder still wants nothing to do with you. How happy I am that God doesn’t carry grudges, he only carries our sins to the cross. Try as I might to live right, I find myself asking for forgiveness (usually for repeating the same sin) constantly. It isn’t that God is a heavy handed master; it is because I am sincerely sorry that I let him down again (and again). I want to be “right with God”; I know this is the best place to be. God does not give me the “I’m so disappointed in you” look, he opens his arms and tells me “I’m so glad you see the error and that you turned to me, I love you so much!”

            My captivity is coming to an end, the furnace has been diagnosed and the part to fix it is on its way. Have a blessed day of freedom!

Comments

  1. WOW very humbling Jody but very true in my life as it is in yours I see. God's plan is amazing and perfect,and by Jesus we have that look from Him not of condemnation but of Love. Thank You for reminding us all of this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece