aroma therapy

Don’t you just love aromas of the holiday season? I am an aroma kind of girl, give me an apple-cinnamon candle and I am loving it. I am also sensitive to certain aromas in a negative way, some spice smells give me an instant headache. I saw a cartoon this morning that said, “If you can smell yourself, it’s time for a shower.” This does not apply just to the dirty, there are people who seem to shower in cologne and we can smell them long after they leave a room. Aromas also hold memories, certain foods remind us of family and hopefully happy memories. I still keep a bottle of Don’s cologne and give it a sniff when I’m missing him.

            What type of aroma does your personality leave behind? Are you a fun loving person that people desire to be with frequently? Maybe you are a grumpy person that people can only tolerate in small doses. How does your Christian personality impress others? I often wonder if I leave the aroma of Christ, I hope so. Our behaviors and attitudes leave impressions, good and bad. We are not here to impress people, we are here to give glory to God (which should impress people).

2 Corinthians 2: 15, 16 “For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 16 To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life. And who is equal to such a task?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece