control freak

I’m getting ready to take a trip.  Next week I will be heading to Israel on a mission/tourism trip. I’ve been so busy that I really haven’t had too much time to think about it.  Now, I have had my share of travels over the years, what makes this one different (beside the location) is the control factor. This time, I am traveling with a group and someone else is in charge of all the planning and the itinerary, for a control freak like me this is a big deal.  But you know what?  I’m not minding it nearly as much as I thought I would.  Beyond the packing and getting myself to the airport, it all falls to someone else, there is freedom in that.

            How often do I try to take the controls from God?  Even in my prayers I try to control him, when I tell him how I think he should answer my prayer.  What if I let go of the controls?  What will that free me to do?  You’ve probably seen that bumper sticker that says, “If God is your co-pilot, switch seats.”  Easier said than done or is it?  I’m not really sure how to truly let go of the control and put it in God’s hands but I think I’m going to give it the old college try.  Something tells me, it will be one heck of a ride.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece