hospitality

I’m home again from my travels and happy to be so. The trip was wonderful, I gained so much knowledge and insight my head is still swimming. As I walked about the Holy Land I had two competing thoughts run through my mind; 1. This is where Jesus walked. 2. Jesus walks with me no matter where I am.

 As interesting and fascinating as the sites were, the people remain in my thoughts the strongest. I didn’t learn a lot of names, I don’t know their birthdays or their addresses but I feel connected. We shared moments in time and these beautiful people demonstrated love and acceptance that I didn’t expect. Whether they had a little or a lot, they shared. I wonder if the situation were reversed would they leave my presence feeling the same impact as I feel?  While I hope and pray it would be so, I know I have room to grow.  How about you?

Romans 12:13 says,  “Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.” Practice is a verb, it means: “Perform (an activity) or exercise (a skill) repeatedly or regularly in order to improve or maintain one's proficiency.” It sounds like a good resolution for the New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece