the light



            My sleep cycle is off since my travels; which means I’m waking up very early in the morning and falling asleep much earlier in the evening.  We haven’t had much sunlight since I’ve been home either so that affects things too.  I don’t know about you but sunlight is important to me and to my mood.  I have so much to be thankful for and to celebrate, I am excited for Advent and the Christmas season but without sunshine, I must put forth a lot of effort to maintain the joy.

            I believe this is a good demonstration of the fact that I am a sinner. How easily I can fall into the funk of grumbling and complaining and missing the joy before me. Sin is darkness in my soul and I can choose to wallow in the darkness or to turn on the light. I can turn on the light by placing myself in the presence of God; he exposes the sin that creeps in.  It requires effort because God is a gentleman and will not intrude where he is not invited.  The effort required isn’t Herculean, it is simply to ask and to seek, why can it be so difficult?  I must turn off the voices of accusation and self-pity and hear the still small voice that is God, expressing his love for me in a multitude of ways. Every day, every moment is new and a new opportunity to come into the light and see that life is good.

            John 8:12  When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece