what do you want?



            Christmas is almost here!  The question that many adults dread at Christmas is; what do you want for Christmas?  I have concluded (much like the Grinch) that once we reach adulthood the things we want aren’t things at all.  The things that I crave have to do with intangibles and the last time I shopped, I didn’t see any of them on a shelf.

            I want some financial stability for everyone.  I want someone to tuck a blanket around me when I nap.  I want time with my children.  I want to be productive and have follow through in all my ideas and endeavors.  I want to find reasons for a hearty belly laugh at least daily. I want a faith that can move mountains and speak volumes.  I want to be happy.

            Some of those items I have control over, the trick is to assume the control and stop waiting for someone else to do it for me. I do feel a new spirit easing into my life, a spirit that reminds me, “With God all things are possible.”  It will be interesting to look back at this post at the end of 2012 and see if I am correct.

            Every day we make decisions, big and small, which influence the life we have. I pray that you and I will make decisions on a daily basis that make life better, goals attainable and most importantly will draw us closer to God.

Comments

  1. The younger we are the more concerned we are with the body and things that bring the body pleasure through the five senses. The older we get the more we long to soothe the soul. The soul is by it's very nature intangible. When the body ceases to support life there is nothing tangible that is useful, yet we continue to exist.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece