unconditional

Do you know what you call a medical student that graduates with all A’s?....... Doctor. Do you know what you call one that graduates with all C’s?.......... Doctor.

This is something Don used to remind me of when I would be upset about a B or C on an assignment in nursing school. This popped in my mind a couple days ago and it won’t leave. I am back in school and I am trying hard to get A’s in my classes. I don’t really feel uber stressed about school but when things like this happen I believe that God is using the familiar to remind me that I am loved.

While getting an A may matter to me, it isn’t a condition of his love. In fact, there are no conditions to God’s love, how cool is that?  Whether I get A’s or even D’s, whether I achieve earthly goals or not, whether I’m charming or grumpy one thing NEVER changes; I am a child of God and he loves me! (You too!)  It doesn’t change my desire to try my best in life because I love him too and I want to do the right thing to put a smile on his face. However, when things don’t go according to my plan, I can cut myself some slack because God has the plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece