wonder

            I am a big fan of vocabulary, I think it has always been so too. I remember often asking my mom the meaning of different words.  I can fixate on a word and ponder it for some time.  The word that has been on my mind today is, wonderful.  When I extend birthday greetings, I often say, “Have a wonderful day.”  I am wishing the recipient a day full of wonder.  Wonder is a fascination with life; it causes one to contemplate the origin of something.  Wonder causes me to step back and consider why things are the way they are.

            I often wonder what my dogs think about on any given day.  I wonder if my parenting skills equipped my daughters for the adult life they now live.  I wonder what it is about the Kardashians and Jersey Shore that interest people.  Sometimes, I wonder how different some things would be had I made different choices or I wonder at the choice I did make.  I often wonder about God.  When I pray and give God my laundry list of requests, I wonder if God is in agreement with me on those requests. There are times the “right” answer to prayer appears obvious to me only to receive an answer that is totally opposite, that goes beyond wonder to puzzling.  In those times I am reminded of 1 Corinthians 1:25; “For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God
 is stronger than human strength.”
          Of course, that verse leads me to wonder, could God ever be foolish? I think not.  Wonder, is the blessing of curiosity that helps us to look outside of ourselves.  I wish you a day, a life full of wonder!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece