Debateable?


            The Old Testament reading in church this morning was the story of creation, the entire first chapter of Genesis. It got me thinking about the creation/evolution debate. Now, I am not looking to debate anyone, I believe what I believe and I am not trying to force any agenda on you. Frankly, I find the whole debate futile. Whether one believes in creation or evolution or a combination of the two is not crucial to salvation.

            Working in the medical field as I do, I know that there is validity to science. I also know that there is the corruption of science by men seeking fame and fortune. Because of man (speaking of all people, not gender specific) religion has often been corrupted as well; this is nothing new.

 As for what is taught in schools, I would much prefer to see the things that are current in science today being taught. Does it really matter if something is a few thousand years old versus a few million years old? I don’t think so. Kids have so much to learn these days, why do we continue to rehash this battle of how old the world is or how it came to be? Teach them to understand how things work, why certain chemicals shouldn’t be combined, how to change oil in their cars; you know; useful things. But I digress.

Yes, I believe in creation. I am much happier believing that I was deliberately and lovingly designed by my Creator. I believe that each of us has been designed for purposeful living. This does not make me an ignorant person, it is simply a slice of my faith. There are far bigger fish to fry in this world and so much more to be discovered. God is love and love I shall.

2 Timothy 2: 14-17a – “Keep reminding God’s people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.  Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.  Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.  Their teaching will spread like gangrene.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece