Disappointment


Disappointment is a hard pill to swallow, whether it is in oneself or in a loved one. None of us like to be disappointed. It means that we had a certain expectation that was not met. Life rarely goes the way we anticipate it going which means disappointment is likely a frequent event. When I have these moments (days) of disappointment, it sometimes takes all I can muster to remember that God knew I would be in this moment and it is okay because he has a plan. Matthew 10:29-31 says, “Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.”  This is just one of so many verses in God’s word to remind us of his eternal love for us. I cling to such words when I am low in Spirit, when I need to refuel my spiritual tank I scour my bible to find these reminders. However, if I would keep my spiritual tank filled with the word, scouring the bible would not be necessary because I would already have the fuel in place to overcome any disappointment. I am human and a sinner, I require frequent reminders and guardrails to keep me on the path of righteousness. Perhaps, the disappointments are the guardrails.

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7

Comments

  1. I work 2nd shift and I'm really looking for a reason to cut out 4 hours early once a month. Not only am I following you on a daily basis, but on the 4th wednesday of the month, I will ponder and redigest all your blogs for the month. Your blog is not in vain and I'm counting on your writing as fuel for my monthly bible study night. Honestly, this material is as good or better than anything else out there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece