filled with joy


            I am happy to say that I have completed my chemo and radiation and everything is looking good. My hair is starting to grow back and there is enough of it now that I am no longer compelled to wear a scarf all the time. The radiation burns are healing; still a little tender but improving each day.  There is a joy in my heart and a smile on my face.

            While I am happy to not be tethered to daily radiation treatments anymore, I think my joy has come from everyone who celebrates with me as we bring this little journey to its close.  In many ways, they made it their journey too. Ecclesiastes 4:12 says, “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not easily broken.” It is so true, being surrounded by the love of a great many people truly does keep one strong. No one else could take the chemo for me or go to my radiation appointments for me. However, everyone was with me; God, my kids, my family, my church family, my friends and my co-workers; everyone supported me with prayers, encouraging words and good thoughts. I am so grateful and praising God for all who have held me up during the last eight months.

            Thank you for being here. Thank you for being you. Thank you for walking beside me and being my friend. If I may, I encourage to speak up and offer words of encouragement to everyone you meet that is fighting a battle of any kind. It doesn’t have to be much, it might even be a hug and an “I’m sorry.” But it will mean a lot, trust me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece