Fair


There are days I have to remind myself frequently that life is not fair, God never said it would be. How could it be? We live in a sin filled world, certainly not one that evenly distributes pain, joy, wealth and poverty. When I have these days it serves me well to remember that the main reason I typically have such feelings of discontent is that I place certain expectations on other people, a.k.a. sinners. These are expectations I feel I place on myself but do I really? Do you? I also need to remember; I’m a sinner too and have let people down in my life. I don’t intend to be unfair but it happens. It is far too easy to point the finger at others and not look in the mirror as deeply as we ought. 

Matthew 7: 3-4 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?”

I experienced a couple of slights to my person today that hurt my feelings. The people who slighted me likely have no idea they did so. It was not done maliciously (at least I don’t think so). So, I have a couple of choices; I can make the slights known in the hope it won’t happen again or I can overlook the slight and make the choice to not be hurt.

Proverbs 19:11” A person's wisdom yields patience; it is to one's glory to overlook an offense.”

The world might tell me to speak up and defend my precious ego. But wisdom tells me to let it go. I never really considered before that there can be a little pain in wisdom. (Given the pain my current school work load is giving me I am apparently not quick on the uptake.) Ok ego, time to take a back seat and get over it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece