lukewarm


            I have read the statement; “I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn’t, than to live as if there isn’t and find out there is.” While I understand the gist of what is being said, it troubles me because it implies that faith is safety net rather than a heartfelt belief. Is this the life of a “lukewarm Christian’?  Revelation 3:16 “So, because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I am about to spit you out of my mouth.”

            If one is not growing in faith, one is shrinking. We must continually focus and refocus our eyes on God and the love of our Savior Jesus Christ. We must also apply it to our living. There is no time for stagnancy. It happens all too easy though as the world pulls and tugs us away from what is important, eternally important.

            Jason Gray has a song, “More Like Falling in Love” that describes so well how I desire to feel about my faith. The chorus goes like this:

            “To sweep me off my feet, it’s gotta be

            More like falling in love, than something to believe in

            More like losing my heart, than giving my allegiance.

            Caught up, called out, come take a look at me now

            It’s like I’m falling, oh, it’s like I’m falling in love.”

Do you remember falling in love? Maybe you haven’t had that experience yet. It becomes all consuming; your world revolves around the one you love. You no longer look at the world through one set of eyes; you look at it through the eyes of the one you love. Decisions are considered from the perspective of yourself and the one you love. I want that! I want that in my faith life, to be so in love with God that every aspect of my own life is shaped by Him. I just know, in my heart that all the pieces of life make so much more sense when I align with God. Let's all fall in love today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece