cruises


I’m a big fan of cruises. I enjoy the pampered feeling and living “high on the hog” for a few days. My favorite part though is having a stateroom with a balcony, yes it costs more but it is worth it to me. When the ship is at sea and the pool decks are packed with oiled and sweaty bodies, I can retreat to my own private area to enjoy the breeze and the ocean view. When I look at the vast expanse of water and sky I am reminded and awed by the vastness of God. Because as infinite as that view is, I know that God is even bigger. He is bigger than my corner of the world, bigger than the ocean and sky and bigger than any problem (real or perceived) that is in my path. On top of all that, he knows me by name and has called me to be his!

Knowing that God is more than able to do more than I can fathom is such an encouragement in good times and bad.  When I forget how capable he is I imagine that endless ocean view and am reminded that I serve a great God. Jesus slept in the boat when it was being tossed around like a toy and his disciples (seasoned fishermen) were freaking out until he stood and calmed the sea (then they had a different reason for freaking out). Jesus may not calm the sea of my life but he calms me and makes me stronger as I ride out the waves.

 That ocean view also causes me to scratch my head in wonder for those who doubt God as pointed out in Romans 1:20 “For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.”  Think about that…eternal power. I will never face anything that is outside of God’s power to bring good from and neither will you. We have forgiveness for the asking and eternal life for the believing. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13

Comments

  1. Reading your blog makes me want to try a cruise for the first time. Do you have any suggestions or favorites?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harley,
      I really like Royal Caribbean cruise line. As mentioned, I feel the extra money for a balcony room is worth it, especially if you like quiet time. Many people will say you don't spend a lot of time in your state room to make it worth it but I disagree. As for ports of call, I suggest Grand Cayman, St Thomas and St Maarten.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece