stumble bum


            I was once told that in order to achieve anything, no matter how big, one needs to do at least one thing, no matter how small, to work toward that goal. I get it, any movement in the direction one is going is still forward movement. What someone forgot to tell me is, how to prevent the backward or sideways movements. I have been contemplating these thoughts today and have come to the conclusion that it is not that I am lacking in steps, I am lacking in focus. What is it I hope to accomplish in this life? Making it out alive? Never happen.

            The theme of the message for Don’s memorial service was to focus on the unseen (aka, eternity). Then in church this morning, I received that message again, Jesus will return and we need to watch and be ready. This life on earth is a temporary condition but the fact remains, this is where I am right now and I really don’t want to waste my here and now.

The bible says, “Where your treasure is, there your heart shall be also.” Matthew 6:21. This offers a little insight to one’s direction. What is your first thought when you wake up? Odds are, your first thoughts indicate your treasure. Are you like me? When you hear the alarm sound, do you say – Oh God, another day. (with underlying sarcasm) or do you say – Oh God, another day! (with enthusiasm and a grateful heart)?

I have experienced both of those reactions to my days. Feeling grateful leads to a better day every time. I feel as though I am stumbling through this life but I have one thing I am confident of; I may stumble and I may fall but God will always pick me up again and give me another opportunity and for that… I am grateful.

 

Comments

  1. WOW again Jody God has given you words to share that will and has helped others, me today. I also believe that we are not to waste what time we have left on this planet and to share with as many as we can The Love that Jesus Christ has shared with us.Pax Carl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carl. So happy to share what God places on my heart and know that it impacts another.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece