resolve


It’s New Year’s Eve, the day we reflect on what has been and anticipate what is to come. The New Year offers the promise of a fresh start, a new beginning and other untold adventures. What are your hopes and dreams for 2013? Are they the same as your hopes were a year ago? Did you fulfill any of your resolutions for 2012?

We don’t really need a specific day to reflect and resolve though. Every day we wake up on this side of the dirt is a new beginning, a new opportunity to create new adventures and do good things. Every day, we choose to live as children of the light (or not). Ephesians 22:24 “You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.”

The part of that verse that really speaks to me is “To be made new in the attitude of your minds” I don’t know about you but I do a lot of living in my mind; I plan, anticipate, imagine, and pretty much let my thoughts go a little wild sometimes. A new attitude can make the difference between a good day and a bad day. God has given us the capability of self-control and this includes controlling the ideas we entertain. Will you entertain thoughts of blessings or curses? I vote for blessings.

My main resolution for 2013 is that I will face each day entertaining thoughts for good and cast aside the attitudes that drag me (and those around me) downward. This is a tall order as I tend to be a “worst case scenario” thinker, but God who gives me strength will be by my side to encourage me every day.

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece