forward



            There is a vision that has been playing over and over in my mind lately, it is a scene from a movie, perhaps you’ve seen it. It is from “Titanic” after the ship goes down, it is dark, cold and eerily quiet as so many of the victims have frozen to death and the character, Rose, makes the decision to live and begins to move through the sea of dead bodies and ice cold water. I have seen this movie more than a few times (although not lately) and I don’t typically revisit a scene on a mental level yet, this particular scene has been on a loop in my head for a couple weeks now.
            I have pondered it and question why. Initially, I thought perhaps I was surrounding myself with dead (spiritually) bodies and I need to break free from them so I don’t get pulled under as well. But as I wrote the previous paragraph it occurs to me that the key phrase is that one makes a decision to live.  
            I struggle with depression and these shorter days of winter and lack of sunlight compound my issues. Tonight I received a phone call from a friend and we spoke about the need to keep moving toward our goals. I needed to hear this, standing still and moving toward something are very different actions, actually, standing still isn’t active at all. Yep, God is sending me (maybe you too) a very clear message. I have been standing still too long.
            It is time to make the decision to live, really live and push through the dead weight toward the goal of life. Jesus is in the boat, ready to pilot me to the destination. John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” Did you read that? “To the full” What does the “full” life look like to you? I guarantee you, your vision and mine are very different, but both visions are accurate because each of us has been given a different life with different goals and purposes. What will you do today to move toward your goal? I intend to ask myself that very question every day and commit to doing something, anything, it matters not how small, only that it is forward movement.
            Philippians 1: 3-6 “I thank my God every time I remember you.  In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now,     being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece