Delusional


            I wonder how many people live with the same delusions I do? I believe myself to be a peaceful, peace loving person. I do not intentionally make enemies or try to get under someone’s skin and irritate him or her. I do my best to avoid gossip and slanderous talk. The key words there are “intentionally” and “my best”, meaning, I fail and far more often than I want to think.  I am reminded of Isaiah 64:6 “All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sin sweeps us away.” I have discovered myself recently not speaking well of another and I find when I speak of certain people, an anger rises within me. This tells me, I do have enemies, I am not so peace loving. I am not loving at all. I am ashamed of myself. What a blessing it is to know that forgiveness is mine for the asking.

            Letting go of anger is a challenge, yet, it is also a directive from God’s word. Ephesians 4:26 “In your anger do not sin. Do not let the sun go down while you are angry and do not give the devil a foothold.” Since, I can’t figure out how to keep the sun from going down, I must find a way to deal with my anger. I do have a couple strategies I use frequently. When I find myself angry with someone I pray for that person. I also consider why I am angry and what is my part in the situation? Any insurance company will tell you that an accident is never 100% one person’s fault, the same principal applies here. Lately, my favorite has been to mentally chant a little mantra – “Jesus loves me, Jesus died for me and because of him I have salvation.” When I use these words to settle my mind I find I am more Christ-like in my attitudes and able to back away from my anger and the situation.  There are several bible verses that can bring us back from anger too, I won’t tell them to you though, open your bible and find these treasures on your own, great will be your reward!

            Ephesians 4:31-5:2a “Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Be imitators of God therefore as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us…”

           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece