Adventure


            When we would go somewhere and things were not going according to plan, Don was known to say with great enthusiasm, “It’s an adventure!” I often hear this phrase in my head and it makes me smile every time. Making the best of any situation is key to getting through it as unscathed as possible. I wish I could say I always put things in the positive and make the best of things but the truth is, I get frustrated, angry and as fed up as the next person.

            One thing I do when I find myself in an unwanted “adventure” is try to step back from it for a moment or two and ask myself why has God put me here just now? Then I offer a prayer of thanksgiving that God is with me and ask for His direction. The answers are not instant and many times I get no clear answer and I just have to trust. Perhaps, my situation was for another’s benefit, I may never know. We tend to think of our lives as isolated events and we focus on how things affect us as individuals. Yet, we do not live in a vacuum and people are always watching, whether we are aware of it or not. If they know we are Christian they may even scrutinize our actions to see if being Christian makes any difference in the way we conduct our lives.

            What do your responses to difficult situations say about you? What do they say about the God you believe in? We are living testimonies of faith and as is said, “Actions speak louder than words.” At the end of the day we want to be able to say, I did my best; with a little patience and a lot of thought as we go through our day we will be able to say it with confidence.  Life…It’s an adventure!

            1 Corinthians 9:24 “Do you not know that in a race all runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece