Plans


            I have a good friend who calls me “the planner."  I like to plan things, like trips, parties and family dinners. While this characteristic can be a blessing, lately I feel it a curse. As I wait for insurance clearance for a second opinion, then to wait for an appointment for that opinion and who knows what waiting will take place following that, I find myself getting cranky and frustrated, I want my plan!

            Genesis 12: 1 “The Lord had said to Abram, ‘Leave your country, your people and your father’s household and go to the land I will show you.” Did you notice those last four words? I WILL show you. God did not give Abram a Google map directing him to a specific place, he told him to leave everything he knew for something unknown. Although it was not unknown to God, God had the plan. And Abram became Abraham and he became the father of nations.

            We are reminded throughout the bible that God has a plan. Here are a few reminders:

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.”

Psalm 139: 16 “Your eyes saw my unformed body, all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”

Psalm 33:11 “But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations.”

Proverbs 16:9 “In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.”

These verses bring me comfort right now. When everything feels like it is falling apart I can read these verses and know that God has it all together. I continually remind myself that God will provide, he always has, he always will. I still get frustrated, I still want my plan but I do find I can settle my anxious thoughts when I remind myself that God has the plan. God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good!

Comments

  1. As always, well said. I'm sorry to hear things are taking longer than you want them too. It's frustrating, I'm sure. Getting back to work will help to distract from all this. Praying for a plan very soon!
    xo
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece