Father of the year


            When I became a parent, I felt like I gained a better perspective of God. Not in an almighty, all powerful sense but I gained the insight of loving someone more than myself. In those times of exasperation, that all parents go though, I quite frequently stopped in my tracks as God reminded me that I too have exasperated him. He reminded me that mercy and grace are two of the best gifts that love has to offer.

            Very often, when I consider how much I love my children, I realize that God loves them (and me) even more than I do! Think about how much you love your children; can you begin to fathom even more love? I really treasure the father/child relationship I have with God. He is consistent with me. He shows me mercy and grace frequently. Not long ago, I came across these definitions: “Grace is when you get good things you don’t deserve. Mercy is when you’re spared from the bad things you do deserve. God is generous with both.” God also disciplines those he loves, rightly so. Discipline brings us back in line, back to his will and his will is the perfect place to be.

            When I was a small child and would walk with my Dad, he always held my hand and he would steer me by turning my wrist one direction or another, it was a subtle thing but quite effective. This is a treasured memory for me but it also serves as a good analogy, if I walk alongside my God within his will, he will turn my wrist and let me know the direction I need to take. God is subtle, we have to quiet the noises of the world, the noises in our own heads and listen.

            Hold onto the hand of your heavenly Father, he will guide you and keep you, don’t let go and I can say with great confidence he won’t let go of you. He loves you!

            Consider 1 Kings 19:11-12” The Lord said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.” Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake.  After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.

        Like I said, he is subtle :-)
 

Comments

  1. Awesome, beautiful and very well put Jody. I just love to share your blogs the depth,passion, always a blog that makes me think, that makes me appreciate Our Father In Heaven. Thank you Jody! Now I'm going to share this with everybody I know

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece