Independent one

Have you ever noticed that it is difficult to ask for help?  I was raised to be an independent sort of girl and I have come to realize that I am not good at asking for help.  I ask God for help all the time, yet asking another person for help is somehow more humbling than kneeling at the foot of the cross. Weird, huh?

God created us to be social creatures.  Yet, I find when I am hurting the most, I reach out the least.  Are you that way? I have been crying out to God for help, direction and answers and stomping my foot like a spoiled child, thinking he is giving me the silent treatment.  Today, I have realized many of the answers and the help has been right in front of me the whole time. I have people who care; friends and family, they have all been asking how they can help and I have kept them at arms length.  Oh foolish woman that I am!  I bet there are people around you too, who will lift you up and stand by you, God put them there.

 “The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit.  A broken and contrite heart O Lord, you will not despise.”  Psalm 51: 17.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece