preparation

            Lent is not my favorite time of year.  There are a few reasons; the dirge-like songs we sing in church, the weight of my guilt that Jesus had to die for me, this is also the time of year that were Don’s final days on earth and now this year my daughter is facing serious health issues.  It’s rather a downer.

            Lent is the time we are to prepare our hearts for Easter; it is such a glorious holiday for a Christian. I’m quite fond of Easter, new life!  Lent is like the grumbling of the shopping season prior to Christmas. So, I find myself asking, what does God want/expect from us during this season of preparation?

            I believe it is the same thing he desires for us all year long, to draw closer to him. Can we ever be too close to God?  I think not.  As we reflect on our lives and sin during lent, we realize how much we truly need him in our lives. I have long felt that these periods of preparation are something that I do for God. However, I can see that these times of preparation are FOR me.  They remind me that I serve a mighty God, a God who loves me more than life itself as demonstrated by Christ crucified, a God who simply desires me to walk alongside Him. God, who offers the peace that passes all understanding.

Comments

  1. If you don't mind my asking. . . What is Don's birthdate and his death date?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece