hindsight

            Don’t you just love hindsight?  We look back at something we said or did and realize how we could have said it or done it better. So often, my hindsight reflects on my lack of response to a certain situation; or how I might have responded better to words of accusation.  In these cases, hindsight can be frustrating because we let a moment slip away.

            Lately, I am experiencing a more positive hindsight.  As I have said in my last couple posts, my family is going through a challenging time.  The whole month of February has been a blur but in the last few days that blur is coming into focus. I looked back at the month and I can see God’s hand putting things in place to bless us. The funny part is when he put some of these things into place; they didn’t seem like blessings at the time.  For instance, my eldest daughter was prevented from starting a new job, twice.  At the time, I could not understand why God would keep this from her. In my hindsight, I can see that her current job has enabled her to be the assistance her sister needs right now, because she has some flexibility with her hours.  If she had started a new position, she probably would have lost it due to absenteeism while helping her sister. Along that same vein, my son-in-law was forced into a job change, that didn’t feel very blessing-like.  Now, we can see that he is in just the right place, because he is working shorter shifts and is now available for his wife/my daughter far more than if he had his former position.

            I love that sort of hindsight!  Although, the path ahead remains difficult, looking back and seeing that God has been there all along gives me courage. Knowing he is already wherever I am heading gives me hope!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece