Runaway

            I’m guessing you may have heard the following from an unchurched friend before; “If I set foot in the church the roof will fall in.” We tend to chuckle along because of the uncomfortable situation and let the topic die. I heard a song today (I did not catch the artist, I’m sorry) the refrain said, “there are no strangers, no outcast and God has no orphans.” It is important to remind people that the church on earth is comprised of sinful human beings; people with faults just like theirs. People prone to make mistakes, it happens.
            I thought of my favorite Psalm 139 – verses 7-10 “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.”
We can never fall or run so far that God cannot reach us! God may have a runaway, like the prodigal son, but he can still find us. He does not leave us; he does leave us time to come to our senses. Perhaps as a child you planned to runaway but you realized you were safe and cared for at home and returned. God waits for all to return his love. He is a gentleman; he does not go where he isn’t wanted but he is always available when you need him.
2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow to keep His promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”

We all have right up until our last breath to confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Why wait? Let his love and redemption bless you the remainder of your days. Don’t be a runaway, be God’s child.

Comments

  1. The song is called: "Orphans of God" by the contemporary Christian Band Avalon. It's a beautiful song.
    A "Church Vault" is a collection of faults. A group of imperfect people trying to keep their numerous transgressions to a minimum. Over time they are looking for a wane in the negative value of the account of errors and an increase in value of an interest bearing account of actions based on faith, hope, and love. That account is open through faith in Jesus as Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece