Purpose



                We all ponder the same question at some point in life; “What is my purpose here?” I myself have wrestled with this question and recently a thought occurred to me as my brother was asking the question. I have always thought of life purpose as singular thing and I now realize that thought is all wrong. We do not have a singular purpose; we live lives of purpose daily. We have a million purposes!
                Think about this, an average life span is about 80 years, 365 days a year gives us close to 30,000 days. Each day we encounter multiple activities, happenstances, interactions and so on. Even the mundane things of life have purpose, from brushing our teeth to fixing dinner to tucking our children into bed; it all serves purpose. I will grant you, it is not always thrilling purpose. I will even go so far as to say that sometimes our purpose is nefarious but God can bring good from it, maybe not good for us personally but for another. Perhaps we serve as the example of what NOT to do for someone else. It obviously isn’t something to strive for yet, it is still a purpose.
                Romans 8:28 “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  In all things! We are to convey the love of Christ. My purpose today may be to encourage the haggard young mother with rambunctious children in the grocery store, to let her know that her situation is temporary, to look at her kindly and not with dismay.  I may be called to donate money or time to a good cause. Maybe I just need to be present for someone, to hold a hand or give a hug. Purpose is everywhere we look. You have likely heard the expression; “Can’t see the forest for the trees.” Every action is a tree, plant your forest with the fruits of the Spirit and life will be purposeful and beautiful.
                Galatians 5: 22, 23 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece