Emmanuel



            Christmas is just two weeks away and this really is my favorite time of year. Although, I must admit, I am far behind in my shopping and decorating this year. I am usually one of those annoying ‘done by Thanksgiving’ people.  Since I am also a low key control freak, this situation produces a fair amount of anxiety for me.  I am thankful for Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.   And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.It is a verse I repeat to myself with a certain amount of frequency.
            Oh, how I crave that peace of God that transcends understanding! Getting through rocky moments in life, high stress situations, adversity and yes, anxiety; requires trust in God. When I look back over my life I can always see the ways he has provided for me at every stage of life.  I will admit that his provision in the moment often appeared to be neglect from my perspective. In the moment, we can typically only see the dire circumstances and we believe that God doesn’t care or isn’t paying attention or even more difficult to take, he piles on more rocks to climb. Retrospect always proves that God’s way is the best way.
            In this advent season, I encourage you to rest near the manger with confidence that your situation (whatever it may be) is temporary and that God does care. Whether all your decorations are perfectly in place or scattered in boxes (like mine) take joy in the knowledge that Emmanuel has come, God IS with us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece