The Faith Credit Line

            So, it hasn’t been the best year of my life, quite honestly, I’m ready to welcome 2013 with open arms.  When life isn’t going my way I’m inclined to cut myself slack, it begins with little things like “I deserve this candy bar.”  It progresses to “I really need to sleep in today; I’ll go to church next week.”  It can even continue to cheapening my prayers to a simple, “You know what I need God.” I keep telling myself I still have faith, I still believe Jesus is my savior. However, each of these moments of cutting myself slack is like running up the balance on a credit card, the individual purchases seem reasonable and harmless but the next thing you know you’ve maxed out your credit card.  These are the deceptions that Satan employs to pull us away from the Christ-centered life.  When we come to our senses, we are so far from the path of life we feel powerless and ashamed (more of Satan’s tactics).  We come back to God with that hangdog expression and he looks upon us with love and forgives.

            How blessed are we that we can never max out the credit line of the love of Christ?  Not that we should keep on sinning but recognizing our sin and knowing that God still loves us and is our ever present hope.  It is a life long struggle this battle between the spirit-centered life and the flesh centered life. Delayed gratification has never been my strong suit, yet that is exactly where my focus should be, on eternity.  Keep up the good fight my friends; we never fight it alone.

Romans 7: 21-25 “So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me.  For in my inner being I delight in God’s law, but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.  What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?  Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

(A special thank you to my reader Harley, God is at work in you!)




Comments

  1. Well said. I love your writing, Jody. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! Trying to get back in the writing groove.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece