Rushing


Have you ever tried to rush God?  It is sort of like passing the slow driver only to have him pull up beside you at the next stop light.  When I am trying to rush my life, I can hear the still small voice saying, “My grace is sufficient for you.”  In addition, I am usually so distracted in my rushing that I simply say, “Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know.”  Do I really know?  It is a constant battle for me, obviously, I can’t just sit back and wait for some things to just fall into my lap, and I must proceed with doing something, right?  What if the thing I am rushing toward, is not in God’s plan for me?  (It is not always crystal clear.)  By the time I recognize this fact I have quite often gotten myself tangled in some mess and muddied the waters of my life.  Then I sit down, feel sorry for myself and ask God why?

Life really ought to be lived purposefully, thoughtfully.  In order to do that I really shouldn’t rush into anything.  So, I must pose the following questions regarding my plans: 1. Is this within God’s will?  2. What do I hope to gain/achieve by this?  3. Is this truly within my reach or am I attempting coerce the plan, am I rationalizing its benefits?  When I step back and look at situations with honest, faith filled and critical eyes rather than allowing desire to dictate my behaviors. The answers are obvious.  I need to get out of the driver’s seat of the fast car and let God take me on the journey he has in mind. It will always be the right path and get me where I need to be, when I need to be there and produce the right results.

Dear Lord, enable me to be patient, to trust and to follow your will. Take the wheel and I will do my best to enjoy the ride. Amen




Comments

  1. thanks for sharing, aunt jody!! i need to ask these questions to myself as well!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece