Labels

                      I just watched a video about labels which raised many valid points about our fellowman. (http://www.globetoday.com/watch-the-video-thats-taking-the-world-by-storm-today-this-will-leave-you-questioning-everything/  ) It got me thinking which labels I wear without even thinking about it. Some labels I earned; friend, wife, mother, nurse, blogger. Others were bestowed; widow, daughter, sister, white, American. There are probably a few other labels others have placed upon me that I am not aware of or choose to ignore.
What about the label of Christian? Did I earn it or was it bestowed? I believe it is a combination of the two. I was born into a Christian family and raised to believe in Jesus as my Savior. At the same time, it is through continued prayer and contact with God’s word that I remain a Christian. It is through experiencing life and the Holy Spirit working in me that causes me to trust God and cherish the promise of the heavenly mansion that awaits me.
Matthew 16: 14-16 “They replied, ‘Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah, and still others say Jeremiah or one of the prophets.’ ‘But what about you?’ he asked. ‘Who do you say I am?’  Simon Peter answered, ‘You are the Messiah, the Son of the Living God.’” Even Jesus had labels, many false labels such as heretic, blasphemer, rabble rouser and more given by the Pharisees and Sadducees. Peter points out the one true label – Messiah, Son of the Living God.
Christian, Child of God, Daughter of the King; incredibly generous labels and each of them is true. My other labels are nice enough but the ones that connect me to my Lord and Savior are the most precious, the ones to hold fast. Yes, I want to fulfill those other roles well but above all I pray when I am long gone from this earth, I am most remembered as a Child of God. How about you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece