Badges?


            Since I have become a runner, I have come to the decision that having bruised toenails is a sort of badge of honor. When I look at them, it says to me that I have tried my best. There is something about it that makes me feel that I am a true runner. I would imagine that everyone has a badge of honor of some sort. Perhaps it is an award, a distance, a success, children, or a time span to deprive oneself of a bad habit such as smoking or drinking too much. We take pride in these badges and rightfully so, because we have worked hard to achieve them.

 

            Perhaps you have seen the sticker that says, “ If God had a refrigerator your picture would be on it.” Have you ever considered that you and me are God’s badges of honor? The trick is that we are living, breathing badges of honor that make mistakes. I usually pray in the morning that the life I lead will, indeed honor God. Before I fall asleep at night. I try to look back at the day and see where I may have honor God or dishonored him. Each of us are achievements of Christ, his death on the cross claimed us, made us his own, and freed us from the devil’s grasp. Whatever our badges of honor might be, they will eventually fade and deteriorate. But we never will. We are eternal, through Christ.

 

            I am also fairly certain that you have heard the saying, “Badges? We don’t need no stinking badges!” And that statement is true. We don’t need any badges. We need to be God’s badges of honor. In doing so, we share his love with others, and that certainly honors God.

 

            Psalm 84:11 “for the Lord God is a sun and shield the Lord bestows his favor and honor no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.”

Comments

  1. Hello Jody. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog "Meandering Mind of a christian Woman" and the post on it "Badges". I am blessed to know you through your profile as a woman of God whose goal with your blog is to uplift, share and enlighten those who read it. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in the great city of Mumbai, India a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come with your grown up children or friends to Mumbai to work with us in the slums of Mumbai bringing physical as well as spiritual healing to the poorest of poor people. My email id is : dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece