Grace


“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9  Quite possibly the most difficult words for a Christian to digest.  Especially when one’s life is not going particularly smooth. How do we hold onto that grace when it feels all else is crumbling?

My own tactic is to play a retrospective of my life in my head. I can see how God has demonstrated his power in my life through every difficult circumstance. He allows me to be in uncomfortable places and then produces wonderful things from those moments. So, in my rational mind, I know and understand the process of growth through difficult conditions. Yet, with each difficult condition, it appears I need to relearn this very basic concept. Does anyone else feel this way?

Comments

  1. Yes the holy spirit that we pray for helps us and it comforts us. It puts our mind at ease and continually gives us hope and courage. We only have a fixed number of years on this earth before we get into the better life that God has prepared for us. Each day is one day closer to a life in spirit form and the holy spirit gives us strength and courage to accept this fact. It is very much like Hobson describes in the movie "Arthur" which came out in 1981. During the movie Hobson grew to be at ease with the thought of his coming death from a brain tumor. He told the main character, Arthur, that there was nothing to fear and that death was natural and even comforting. One year after "Arthur the movie" was released the director Steve Gordon was hit with a massive heart attack and died (11/27/1982).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece