floating

I am not a great swimmer.  I can tread water for a fair amount of time but, due to my natural buoyancy, I am best at floating.  .  I further appreciate that when I am floating my ears are typically under water as well and that blocks out all the other distracting noises, there is a real peace.

 How often do we feel as though in life we are treading water?  We keep moving but we don’t get anywhere.  Lately, my prayers have included asking God to enable me to lay my burdens down and not pick them up again (Don’t pretend you don’t know what I’m talking about here).  Last night as I prayed the image of floating on calm water came to mind. It is a comforting image, when I am floating on the water, I am weightless and graceful.  When I trust the Lord, my burdens are weightless and I am filled by His grace.

Matthew 6: 25-34 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear.  Is not life more that food and the body more that clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?  Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? And why do you worry about clothes?  See how the flowers of the field grow.  They do not labor or spin.  Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.  If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you – you of little faith?  So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’  For the pagans run after these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

            Anyone up for some floating?  Last one in is a rotten egg!


Comments

  1. Jody you got it! When I swim or float I do the same thing I can be weightless and just let Jesus hold me up and listen to the voice of God,but as for graceful Oh no I am not for I am too big but I am grace filled. Keep going sister write on! Pax Carl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How are you?

Out of the Mouth

Masterpiece